Tuesday 5 May 2009

My "Car-Crash" Blanket...

This is my first blog (about me), and I'm a little nervous about putting photos of what I've made online- you never think your own stuff is any good, but I've had fun making these things, so that's all that matters!
I love bright, clashing colours- basically anything that's gaudy! The gaudier the better- if I could find some pink ornamental flamingoes I'd definitely put them outside my house!
Anyway, I started making this blanket a couple of years ago. I had a pretty bad car crash and couldn't go to uni or work as I was at home recovering for a while, so I picked up my crochet hook and had a go. The middle is a bit wonky, but to be honest, at the time, I didn't really know what I was doing! I'm more of a knitter than a crocheter, but it got bigger faster than if I knitted it, so it helped to keep me sane!!! I pushed it to the back of the cupboard for a while, and after moving house, I decided I might add to it! I might keep going and see if I can make it as big as I can- possibly the size of my house to keep me nice and warm!! I <3 my blanket :D

No comments:

Post a Comment