Saturday 11 August 2012

New addition to the family...

Oh my goodness, what a stressful couple of days! We drove down to c'wall to see my mum on Fri and the journey was horrendous-there was accident after accident on the motorway-it was horrible! We were supposed to be going to pick up a surprise kitten for my mum before going to her house, but the journey took just over 10 hours (instead of the usual 5) so we had to save getting the kitten until the morning. We made up some excuse to my mum about visiting friends and off we went!! I was so scared of my mum's impending reaction! I knew that she would like a cat and it would be good for her, but she's never has one before, she hates surprises and isn't overly keen on committing to anything! So stressed and anxious was an understatement for how I felt! We had reserved the most gorgeous tabby kitten-he's a little bit older than the usual 8-10 weeks that you get kittens but no-one wanted him! How sad! He is like a huge purring machine-so placid and just an amazing temperament. When we got home with him, my mum came to open the door and started freaking out, asking; "whose cat is that?" and would not believe us when we said hers! Eventually it sunk in and she fell in love with him immediately! He is an amazing character! He's been named Ronnie (as our cat is Reggie), so let's hope the two are able to meet up some day and cause some mischief!! X

No comments:

Post a Comment