Monday 13 September 2010

First day on my PGCE....and I'm already knitting!

Woooh...got over the first day, and it was actually quite good. This morning I was quite anxious as it felt like a "back to school day". I hated uni sooooo much and I was a bit worried it was going to feel like uni (considering I'm doing the PGCE at the same uni I went to!) But it was good! I met some really lovely people and there are quite a few of us travelling up from Cornwall, so we've decided as from tomorrow we'll carshare the 180 mile round trip - it'll work out much cheaper than the train and gives us much more freedom to bugger off at the end of the day instead of the usual hanging around for an hour and a half waiting for the train. So we've already been overloaded with work- I have an essay due tomorrow (printer problems...aah!) a 'Snapshot' of myself to send to schools and we have to do a 15 min group presentation on Friday---blooming hec! But on Wednesday, the fun begins- we have a group composition on Wed which I'm nervous but so excited about. We have such a nice array of instruments, including a gorgeously lovely girl that plays the harp---amaaazing! It should be an interesting session! We will be given a theme to do the composition then go into the studio to record it---MUST get over my flute phobia SOON! We're also having professional photos taken on Wednesday. I always hate stuff like that but at the same time, it's a really nice opportunity and there are only 12 of us in the music group so it might be nice to have a group photo- I think we're all going to become quite close.
I have a tonne of research to do for our groupwork tomorrow and I HAVE to get the damn printer working but I came home so knackered (have to get up at 5.30am everyday) so I've treated myself to a bit of knitting time...I'm making a pair of slippers. They're pink mohair and I'm going to make a yellow flower for the front :) Wooh.

Better get back to everything!

Love, Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment