Thursday 9 September 2010

Phobia of all things beginning with F (well, maybe not quite ALL things if you catch my dirty drift!!!!!)

So...F is for flute and F is for French...both of which I have phobias of. Ok, just to make clear, by French, I mean the language not the lovely people. Anyway...I just realised that..not very exciting! But I should get over it/them! Any suggestions how??????? Help please! Actually, please just help me with my fear of flute...French I can cope without, but seeing as though I'm about to start a music PGCE a little overcoming of my flute phobia might be quite uselful! I basically just need to be able to play in public without feeling like I am about to collapse/die from nerves! My friend suggested busking (eugh) ANY TIPS!??? xxx

2 comments:

  1. You play lovely on ur flute....u just need to get out and do it more often.
    but like u said the other day , posting video onto here or even on ur FB (which would probably gets more viewing and commenting)
    would b a good thing too ...

    ur phobia is just like , when u walk into a silence room full of people, and u had to walk to the front of the room.,
    we all tend to thinks that everyone is looking at you (me) , and our ears /cheeks began to grow red , our eyes are on the floor and we just wanna sit down as soon as we can.
    BUT one very important thing is , if we just look back at those people , we would relise , half of them are doing their own thing.
    ok...the other half are probably looking , then again , he/she might be complimenting on ur lovely dress, so just look back with a smile , and that short walk is over.
    Dont focus on urself , focus on whats around u and enjoy it.
    You can do it babe .
    Oh... I am off to HK tmr , b jealous ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD TIPS!!! It's just so terrifying- I don't know what it is about my flute- honestly samba, I'm fine...I can play my drum on my own in front of the band and not be nervous at all, but FLUTE..Oh my god, I can't handle it...so nerve wracking!
    HONG KONG! oh my god I am SO jealous! Seriously! I was thinking about it and you today! I miss you LOADS and I also REALLY want to go back to HK...I bloody LOVE that place and I am SO JEALOUS! How long are you going back for????? so jealous! Really wanna see you! If I finish my placement and find a job, I'm deff gonna be looking for flights...Love youuuuuu xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete